Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Loose Ends... Vol. XXIX

Ok. First the good news: I am not traveling this week - my trip was canceled. So, I will be writing and posting this week. The bad news: I am more tired than usual on a Sunday night. There are several topics which I was planning on writing about, but I have been pretty busy all weekend.

A few quick thoughts (without the benefit of links if you care...)

Judd Gregg (R-NH) as Commerce Secretary? I first heard about him from a documentary about an old lady running for Senate against him. He seemed a bit slimy then, but that was the intention of the filmmaker. But, I have come to dislike him more over the last few months as he has been an unapologetic supporter of the Wall Street bailouts. There's a lot more to this story, but the one thing that irks me the most is that there is apparently some sort of deal which has been reached so that the Democratic governor replaces him with another Republican in the Senate. I don't like "deals".

The Senate is still debating the stimulus package. Obama is going to use the bully pulpit tomorrow night on national TV to garner public support. This is not yet over, but it will pass. It is an a"bama"nation. ;) - sorry for the bad joke.

There's so much more to talk about, but I have to get some rest... Until next time...

No comments: