Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Loose Ends... Vol. XXXII

Another Sunday night... another round of Loose Ends where I wish I hand more time. I have a lot of other reading to catch up on, so I'm going to try to keep this brief.

I encourage all readers to spend more time on whitehouse.gov - the Obama team does a very good job of keeping the country informed of what is going on in the White House. Sure, the information is a little biased. But, it's still pretty good. A lot came out of the Executive Branch this week:

Troop withdrawal plan for Iraq
First release of the FY2010 budget
Vice President Biden kicked-off the Middle Class Task Force
Treasury owns 36% of Citigroup common stock
Former Washington Governor Gary Locke nominated to be Commerce Secretary

Clearly, there was a lot more going on too. Just visit the official site to stay on top of things. I'm happy to offer my opinion (backed with unbiased facts where applicable) for any item you see... just drop me a line.

*****

On the state front, members of the Indiana State Senate have submitted a resolution to re-assert the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. This is a great step forward - I hope it is passed. Indiana is now on the growing list of states who have legislation introduced to assert their sovereignty in some shape or form.

No comments: