Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Feel Kind of Dirty

I just endorsed Dan Burton.

I had to go back to the candidate list from the Secretary of State of Indiana to make sure I wasn't missing a third candidate. No luck. I went back to the Libertarian Party of Indiana's website to double-check too. No luck.

Look. I know some of you are thinking, "why don't you just not vote for either candidate?" Well, that goes against my philosophy. I think we have an obligation to vote for the best candidate on the ticket. And I don't think that write-in votes are effective at all. So, if Burton is the better candidate, then he gets my (reluctant) vote.

This just adds more fuel to my personal fire that something needs to be done. There must be a better option in the 5th district in 2010.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Have you ever considered running as a Libertarian?

Matt Wittlief said...

I'm taking things one step at a time.

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't feel dirty at all. Look, stop believing all the garbage the Indianapolis Star writes about Dan and look at some of the many accomplishments he has. The Star likes to write about 18 votes that Dan missed in 2007 (out of nearly 2,000), and labels him a lazy golfer. His voting attendance was 98% - best for Indiana Reps.

It's funny to me how often people just buy into whatever their main news source is... so many people don't like Dan just because of this smear campaign by the Star. Anyway, that paper is laying off 95 people because they aren't making enough money - go figure, bad journalism doesn't pay.

Matt Wittlief said...

Thanks for the visits and comments from both "anonymous" users.

To the latter:

I don't read the Indianapolis Star. I have formed my opinion by doing my own research. My reluctance to support him has nothing to do with his golf hobby.

It's funny to me how you just assumed that I can't form my own opinions and that, becuase I am not a huge fan of Burton, I must have been brainwashed by the media.

I welcome you to review a bit more of the site to get some perspective on this situation.