Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Loose Ends... Vol. XV

It's late again tonight. I'm watching a heated "episode" of Prime Minister's Questions on C-SPAN. The Brits were extra rowdy on Wednesday.

I need to get to sleep. It's been a long weekend with family activities, and I have at least four more races to profile tomorrow!

So, I'm only going to remind you all of one concept. The government does nothing to generate revenue other than taxing its citizens and businesses. Every time you hear a politician, "media-tainment" professional, or friend say that the government should do this or pay for that... replace the word government with your own name. And remember that you have no choice in the matter if your elected (or, in the case of Ben Bernanke or Hank Paulson, unelected) officials decide to take your money.

I'm not heartless. In fact, I believe strongly in the power and existence of altruism. We can make our own decisions.

Talk to you tomorrow...

No comments: